Friday, October 25, 2013

Pumpkin Cup Countdown

26 hours to tee time and counting.  Everything seems in order.  The pairings have been sent to Fred to get the cards printed.  Barb and I have tweaked the rules sheet one last time.  Everybody has their food assignment for Saturday's on-course snacks and Sunday morning breakfast.  What else remains?


I need to run by WalMart and pick up some handwarmer packets.  Saturday we tee off after lunch so the chilly weather should have been chased off by our wonderful Southern winter sunshine, but Sunday morning is another matter.  We tee off at 10, and the temps will still be hovering in the 50s, a little bit nippy for the Magnolia Blossoms on Team SFLGA.  I'll tuck a handwarmer in everybody's on-course brown bag lunch.

My balls are inside, staying warm.  We don't want any cold balls for the Pumpkin Cup.

Barb and I are Captain's Choice partners, so I need to ensure that she's resting today.  Tomorrow we'll need her long, Big Girl drives that fly straight down the fairway and give me a good chipping position.

And I'm planning a nap and lots of protein tonight, with a big bowl of oatmeal in the morning, to keep this little old lady fueled and ready to fire off some good shots.

That's about it, I think.  Now it's in the arms of the Golf Goddesses.  I'll let you know how things are proceeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment